Originally published in The Forward. Growing up, I remember regularly seeing cops at the door of my synagogue and patrolling in their police cars outside. ...
About DIASPORA 6000
Hey y'all, I'm Lara. I'm an educator, political organizer, and (trouble)maker living in Durham, North Carolina. I write about Jewish ancestral memory, queer magic, and abolitionist futures.
- *Cheesy* Shavuot Valentines for your Tender, Torah-Loving Hearts
- After Pittsburgh, Jewish Communities Need Community Defense, not Cops.
- This new year, I’m all about “lazy journaling.”
- It’s Time For Jewish Communities To Stop Investing In The Police
- Jewish Joy, Jewish Resistance: Resilience Practices from Purim